laterite is a polymetallic ore and it is rich in iron oxide. it is formed from a variety of rocks that undergo stray oxidizing and leaching conditions. laterite is typical clay like material and porous. the colors of laterite vary from red, reddish-black, brown, yellow and blackish-brown. laterite also in short can be called as a rock product that is formed in response to a set of physiochemical conditions. it has a number of uses in industries nowadays.
- laterite is widely used as a road material. it is also used as stones for building due to its strength and hardness.
- laterite is used as an additive in cement industry. it is also used for the removal of fluoride from contaminated drinking water. laterite is also a source of iron, manganese, and nickel and chromium production.
- one of the few applications of laterite is that it is a vast source of useful minerals. these minerals can be easily extracted from it and thus, ensures that laterite on the whole can be indirectly used in various fields and has a vast amount of applications. also laterite is home for trace elements like gallium and vanadium.
type of production process at royal mineral
- laterite is first air-dried. this is quiet essential. after this, the particles are grinded and sieved to produce fine materials. grinding of laterite is done for breaking the huge lumps of laterite rocks. this is done with the help of hammer.
- sieving of laterite is done to get the fine particles. now impurities are removed. this is done by sweeping, brushing or scraping processes. it is then casted into a trough and sampled to produce the required laterite form. this is what ultimately is manufactured to the clients. the production process mainly consists of varied procedures.
- this includes batching, mixing of varied components along with the laterite particles, then casting of the compound that is formed which has laterite and then ultimately its manufacturing. the entire procedure is detailed and helps us to provide the best laterite based materials.